Thursday, October 22, 2009

Birthday boy

My kid Ben is 32 this coming weekend. I sent him a box to Indonesia and it arrived in ten days - which makes me endlessly happy. The boxes are always opened but nothing seems to be taken. Beautiful.

Also can I say that Ben and Kari have two of the most fabulous kids... who I am currently loving with candy and treats - but that must change. I hear Kari's folks are traveling to see them for New Year's which makes me just a tiny bit jealous.

Kari is running in a marathon in Malaysia on the 22nd. The family will travel there and wait for her at the finish line. I can't wait til little Flo runs a marathon with her mom. First she has to get through the baby fat stage. smile. Blaise is spider-man so he could probably just fly alongside.

Our people are what matters most, don't you think?

1 comment:

Myrna said...

Ya Mare. I agree our people are what matter most. One of my people is going to Afghanistan on Monday to fly helicopters for the Canadian military. It's going to be a long nine months. I was looking at Ben's picture and remembering that he was in our Sunday School class when he was in Grade 3. In some ways it seems so long ago and yet not.