Thursday, July 31, 2008

a slow day for news



It's a slow day for news in Lexington as I peruse the Lexington Herald that lays untidy on the student center table.

It is a relief to someone, I am sure, that the smoking tomato, er, pepper, has been found. Not one but TWO peppers have been found with salmonella strain. And here I didn't eat tomatos for a month. Tsk tsk. All the more reason to go to the farmer's market on Saturday mornings.

And another from the Free Time section ... I guess that's a new fancy name for the local section. I don't read Dear Abby, but I noted the headline. "Dying Grandparents need kids around." Well I don't need dear Abby to tell me that. And can I say, living grandparents need kids around too. So tell that to your readers dear Abby!

That's the news in Lake Wobegon, er, Wilmore City, Tree City USA.
oh yah, and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert (Israel) says he is going to resign in Sept.

No comments: