We sit for a half hour, and enjoy stories and banter. They leave with waves.
I return to the kitchen to realize I LEFT THE TAP ON. So ... a micro disaster of my own making which drove me into:
- throwing all the clean towels in the house onto wet soggy floors
- pulling out the fridge and stove - finding a mess, cleaning old fuzz and new water
- removing dishes from shelves and mopping up water
- finding the right screwdriver to remove the round twirly shelf that had water under it
- mopping, wiping, hauling, pushing, sopping, sweating, grunting, sopping, pushing
My day was still better than Big Brown's. You gotta find the bright side of life.