Wednesday, June 11, 2008

nerds, fashion and men friends

My man friend is a very cool guy. Deep inside. Very deep inside. On the outside he is a teensy weensy bit nerdy. But then, some of the best people I know are nerdy.

So, my friend broke his beloved glasses. They are kind of a signature statement, like his stand up hair. He sat talking to me with one arm missing and the glasses sitting askance ... pretty bad. Today he did one worse, and duct-taped them together. It made another kind of statement ...

Now I am thinking about an intervention. Save a man from himself. He tells me has chosen some new ones. We will reserve judgement. I can imagine this particular man friend not being too happy with the new and resorting back to the old friend.

Ahhhh. The challenges of being a fashion sensitive friend.