Thursday, June 12, 2008

on slow motion



She told me she watched it happen in slow motion. She sits nursing her newborn and watches a bee fly like a drunken sailor toward her two year old. Buzz lands on the tender neck. Little girl picks at it. Buzz stings. Little girl screams. All slow motion.

This morning at 6 a.m. I am on the front porch having coffee, front door open to let the breeze through. A big ugly bug (such as only Kentucky can dream up) flys up and around the porch. As I watch, in slow motion, the bug lazily flys into my house ... where it will no doubt land in my gaping mouth in the middle of the night.

Sigh - I 've heard that accidents happen in slow motion. I've seen it on TV- the ball spins slower and slower and hits the lady on the head and she drops dead.

So as long as life is fast I guess it's good.

This blog has no hidden meaning. It is a blog and only a blog, and if it read in slow motion to you, then you had better watch out. It's not going to be a good day.

No comments: