Friday, April 1, 2011

Good Morning America!!!

I hit the snooze button four times this morning. It began shortly after six and I was up before seven. Every eleven minutes the radio began broadcasting the news. In that hour between six and seven when i randomly restarted the news, what came on was horrific. Deaths. Wars. Evil. More evil to come.

I muttered out to Steve, "Some day I want to turn on the news and hear a story about a puppy."

So for you who are reading this early in the morning let me give you some news to start your day.

It is spring again. Somehow this hard-crusted, beat up, old world is once more giving birth to life. What looked like death all winter is sprouting impossibly. And by the number of robins in our neighborhood there will be robins to share across America, one for every yard.

Kentucky made it to the final four. I don't know what that means, really, but the people around me seem to be enjoying it. For me it means I get alone time this weekend.

Weight Watchers has a new measuring plan. Again, I am not actually going to WW although you could argue that I should, but those who are going tell me there are more food choices. That has to be good, right?

The shelves on our grocery stores are full. This may seem like a 'duh!' to you but some people are waiting in lines for almost nothing. We may be paying more but we can eat well, if we choose. You can have broccoli in the middle of winter. That must be a miracle.

And finally, for this morning, you and I are beloved. We are created, loved and valuable, and the way forward, while challenging, still has hope. The hope lies within, not on what is around us.

Okay... I am going to get out of my housecoat and go to work looking for gifts of friendship, moments of joy, brilliant ideas and puppies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I eat broccoli all the time and I think it's totally weird that I can eat it in the winter. I think about it every time I walk through the produce section at the store--the fact that I see a ton of stuff that I can't actually grow right now.

Stephanie said...

This post made me smile...thanks for reminding us of some of the good things in our lives :)

Lee Ann said...

While it didn't make the news we actually got a puppy yesterday. There is something about babies (of any kind) that brings new life to everyon around. I would be happy to share her for a snuggle:)

Unknown said...

puppies are the best thing in the world.