Wednesday, April 16, 2008

sweetness and tears

I wake today one year from the Virginia killings - and spent my first hour of the day on the phone with a dear lifetime friend who is waking with new knowledge of a tumor.

A Klatskin tumor is a cholangiocarcinoma (cancer of the biliary tree) occurring at the confluence of the right and left hepatic bile ducts.
Treatment and prognosis
Because of their location these tumours present late and therefore are usually not resectable at the time of presentation. Complete resection of the tumour offers hope of long term survival and of late there has been renewed interest in liver transplantation from deceased donors along with adjuvant therapy. Prognosis remains poor today.

When these kind of realities are in my focal consciousness, I want to love 'my people'. I lose what ambition I have to succeed or be known, and and I want to find a way to tell my children and their children and Steve that they are my treasure. And I have a great treasure and more to come.

I am sitting at my desk trying not to cry but my eyes are not cooperating and I am ruining my makeup, such as it is. Lately I am thinking that nothing matters but people - relationships.


No comments: