Monday, August 11, 2008

on being at the office early

I woke up at 4:32 a.m. and started to calculate the amount of work waiting for me, needing to be accomplished before I go to Rae's on Friday. My September and October are crushingly full. How did that happen to a person committed to rhythm and gentle living?


So I got up, cut some watermelon for The Girls, packed my briefcase which was anything but brief, and lumbered over to my office.


Our department has the best asset - a very smart fun guy who comes in before dawn to clean our mess and make the place look inviting. Good thing he was here to smile and me and unlock my office - forgot to reload my purse with office keys etc.


And the quiet in here, as I sit alone, is pervasive. In the first hour or so I made great hay. (That's like Rumplestiltskin making gold from staw. Like 'making hay while the sun shines.' ) My weekend was glowingly summer-esque and sit-around-ish. Today is pay-back. ;-)


So here's to a productive day - meetings, thinking, writing, planning.
I've attached this slightly scandalous picture for those who feel, like me, that this blog is painfully boring. But what can you expect from a Monday? Monday is back at it - git'er'goin - swing that axe kind of thing. It'll get better.

2 comments:

111 said...

i enjoy the boobie painting. very nice. :)

remember to take a minute to breathe today, and eat your lunch!!!

xoxo

jeremiah said...

i didnt think it was boring at all...my fav part -
"So I got up, cut some watermelon for The Girls, packed my briefcase which was anything but brief, and lumbered over to my office."