Wednesday, March 12, 2008

new ways to go to hell

and...
I have just heard that the pope has named seven new deadly sins that condemn a person to hell. This is not good news ... particularly since I don't have the list ...
Do we really need this kind of thinking? Maybe we need to be more concerned with how to live than how not to live. Just my opinion.

__________________________________________________
Now that I have made my big pronouncement I have learned what the sins are ...and they are pretty good. Here's the list: genetic modification, experimenting on humans, polluting the environment, causing social injustice, causing poverty, becoming obscenely wealthy, taking drugs...

6 comments:

Mrs Moose said...

Well, do you rescind your judgement, now that you know what the new deadly sins really are?? huh? huh?

Anonymous said...

My comment doesn't particularly have anything to do with this blog entry, but I just wanted to say that I have been blessed by your blog. Your honesty and candor are fresh and revitalizing. It's been a long time since I have talked with you, and I still feel a little shy to comment, being that you were my friend's mother growing up and you were one of the people that could get me in trouble. (I'm a good girl now, I promise!) But you were always real, and that has inspired me to be real in my writing, too. (And in life, I guess.) Thanks,is what I guess I am trying to say.

John David Walt said...

marilyn, you have a great blog!

Sarah Jackson said...

Don't you think that telling someone "I cannot imagine when you would have an occasion to wear those shoes" should be added to the list? Ahem, Steve.

Marilyn said...

Kim - please do not be too good a girl - it is a dead end. smile Sarah - your wisdom and perception are immaculate.

Mark said...

Exactly what we need - more prescriptive rules. I was just starting to think that I was starting to think too much.

I assume that caffeine does not count as a "drug". Nor does alcohol - especially during communion.

-Mark