Thursday, February 21, 2008

yahoo

I am in Nashville, Tennessee. I have tiny bits of rib meat stuck between my teeth ... and no dental floss in sight. I am just back from the Wildhorse Saloon.

The Wildhorse Saloon is somewhat disappointing but then, our group is tea totalling on this night. It is designed, no doubt, to be most enjoyed accompanied by a few beers. We did not, for instance, line dance.

But the food is good, sort of, the music loud, people friendly, and I walk home (a couple miles) with a new aquaintance from the conference. We walk through the music district and the ambiance is great. Small music bars with front doors open carry live music into the street. Buskers in doorways settle onto cement steps with guitar cases open and tiny little speakers just in front of them. I feel safe. The crowd on the streets is older than I would expect, but there are plenty of young musicians around.

It has been a 'better than expected' conference. I have some important take homes and feel refreshed from meeting and listening to Michael Card. Now I have to find some dental floss.

No comments: