Tuesday, May 31, 2011

another way to handle the recession


My daughter is a pretty funky person. She is a fully responsible mother. She is hilarious. I think she has a nine year old soul. She is also a bank teller. She is often unexpected in her responses.

I saw her this weekend and she told me a story from her day at work.

On Friday a regular customer came in to deposit his weekly gains as a tax accountant. He had a small-ish deposit and was withdrawing $5.00. Modest for sure.

Rae: "How are you doing today, Mr. ___?"
Man: "Well, the tax business isn't all it's cracked up to be."
Rae: "I think nothing is what it is cracked up to be."

pause, smile.

Rae: "But then again, life is what we make it."
Man: "I guess you are right."

small pause.

Rae: "For instance. I could give you your change in gold one dollar coins. And then you could feel like you are a pirate."

(at this point in her telling me the story she AND I laughed so hard we almost fell off our chairs.)

Man, smiling: "I guess I would feel like a pirate. But I will take bills."

2 comments:

Annie said...

love this :)

Anonymous said...

Did he look like Johnny Depp too??