Thursday, March 19, 2009

on being a joiner


I am going to join jazzercise tonight. Get my runners tied up and pull on those stretchy pants (not necessarily in that order) and beat my buns to a pulp for an hour. And then rest in the endorphin rush.

I just joined the Biggest Looza - Kentucky style. Have a partner. Got weighed. Felt depressed at what I weighed. Argued that the scale was wrong. Repented. Drinking coffee now, nibbling on a carrot.

In general I am not a joiner. I am a watcher of joiners. I am a sitter at the side while others join. I am a skeptic but being Canadian I can be forgiven for that. "Eeet eez my kulchur."

But this is spring. Herd instinct is heightened. I'm off to sweat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy all that. I'm not Canadian, but still, I'll just watch.

Marilyn said...

I went.I suffered. I am glad I went. It will still be a struggle to go a second time. Does this ever get easy?