Wednesday, December 2, 2009

love in strange forms

I had this happen twice in the last week, so I thought I would write about it. It is about giving and receiving words of love.

I hugged someone, and said, "I love you." And the reply was, "Decidedly."

I met a friend and felt warmth and said, "I really love you." The reply was, "Likewise."

A big fat laugh is burbling up in me about this. It feels enormously funny. And I think both replies were, actually, declarations of love.

Anything like this happen to other people?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Decidedly? Hmm. Well, that's interesting. I love you babe:) Lots and lots.

Rhonda said...

I try very hard to always remember to tell those that I love what they mean to me. I've lost the opportunity a couple of times in the past and now it's too late, I regret that very much. I have found that saying "I love you" to people is often harder for them to hear, than it is for me to say. Usually people look at me with a blank stare as if not understanding these very simple words that I am saying.....as if I've lost my mind and they don't know how to take it. These are not strangers I'm talking about either, but people I really care about. It's sad that most people hear these words so rarely that it shocks or embarrasses them and they don't know how to respond. I think we all need to use these three little words more often, while we still have the chance! I wonder how much the world would change if we did?