Thursday, November 17, 2011

on Christmas

I am going to do a series of blogs on Christmas. I have been a notable Christmas hater for over a decade, maybe two decades. But I am quite healed, I think. I am talking about cutting down a tree and writing emails to my effervescent granddaughter using the colors green and red on ever other word. My package to Indonesia to gift my son's darling little family is already somewhere in the postal chaos between continents.

I have already been noting the ways Christmas is going to be celebrated here in Lexington. I will comment on these things. For today I am taking my bright red metal reindeer out of the closet and putting it on my desk to inspire me.

(walk walk walk, creeeeek, clunk, rustle rustle rustle, creeeeek, thud, walk walk walk, plunk.) There.



hmmm. ahhh. ehhhh.

Nope. Not inspiring me. Oh well. I will see what I can do these next few weeks to inspire both you and me. Meanwhile, have some hot chocolate and put on the carols.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I discovered a book yesterday called "55 Christmas Balls to Knit." Aside from loving the title (I know you will, too), I decided I would knit you one! I find homemade ornaments kind of cheesy and not generally my style, but the book is by two Scandanavian men and they're all Norwegian styles, so I'm making you one to hang on your tree and think of me. If you'd like, I can make you two and you can hang them together. ;)