Saturday, December 6, 2008

truth, dammit

Well friends, it is time that I treat you all like an AA group and finally be honest about myself.

Hello. My name is Marilyn. And I am getting bigger.

I don't mean this in the esoteric sense. I don't mean it in the enlarging of the human capacity for compassion. I mean it literally. I am getting bigger. Clearly my 'diet plan' isn't working.

I am not sure what is the cause. It could be, perhaps, that I pretty much have no self control. My body growls, "HHMMMMMMMM food! Feed me!" So I do.

Or it could be perhaps that I eat out four or five times a week and NEVER order off the WW menu. Perhaps it is simply that I am convivial and when food combines with people I am all about joyfully entering in.

However, my carefully laid plans to be a svelte old lady, willowy even, are being shot all to pot. I did work on this problem last month, dropped a full dress size, and went out and bought a cute skirt on sale. I came home, went to Canada, and now, the skirt doesn't fit. I figure I was that lesser size for maybe two days. A lesson to you all - don't buy clothes until you have kept yourself at the new weight for 7 days at least.

So there it is. I read somewhere that when you tell people your goals/needs/confessions etc. it is empowering. In the cause of honesty I must tell you now that I am not feeling that empowerment. Perhaps it is because I am eating cabbage rolls and sour cream as I type this. It could be that YOU are just not supportive enough. Whatever, I will keep you posted.

This is the first day of the rest of my life, so they say. It is yet to be seen if it is the first day of the rest of my fat life, or my svelte one.

10 comments:

Krissi said...

Oh my gosh, you make me laugh. Don't eat anymore cafeteria food. I think it's specially formulated to make people get fat. We poor dorm folk suffer from it immensely.

Enjoy the sour cream for me. I don't eat it anymore, but I sure do like it. I love you, friend. You're wonderful. ;)

Unknown said...

Willowy is boring. Who wants to hang out with a bony old woman who declares, "oh no dear, just plain lettuce and carrot sticks for me." I'll take round and convivial any day over that. And, (not that I'm comparing you to my late Grammie), but I much preferred the embrace of her 150lb frame to her frail 110lb efforts. Another reason to embrace curvyness.

Mrs Moose said...

Oh my gosh...

You know, if you "don't pick up the cookie today (or sour cream, or...) you can't get fat".

And you are not living with "rigorous honesty", clearly, since you are not confessing that you are a fat-a-holic, and that your eating life has become unmanageable.

"I am getting bigger" doesn't cut it, Sister.

And maybe you should have a chat with your Enabling friends above ... there is a program for them also.

Keep working it; it works!

heeheehahahaha...

Krissi said...

Enabling? Psht. Whatever.

Anonymous said...

You know very well that the very best parts of you have nothing WHATSOEVER to do with your weight. Those who know you and love you don't give a fig (or a cookie or a chip) what your waist line measures. You can care if you want to, but all I care about is your sharp mind and your loving soul.

Mrs Moose said...

@Krissi ...

Peace. I am having fun with the lingo so prevalent in AA circles ... Take no offense.

@Amma ...
Go ahead, eat another cookie. [BLOAT]

SMILE.

Krissi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krissi said...

I take no offense. I was having fun. ;)

And Marilyn, I think you're beautiful exactly as I've been getting to know you.

111 said...

HA!!

i am going to the gym today - it's monday...are you going to work out, too??? i am going to lose weight and be willowy and then where will you be? i am beating you..

Linda said...

Ok, here's the thing for me. I have fat pictures and I have less (way less, but not skinny) fat pictures and neither one of them make me look, hmmmmm, how do I put it, Hot! I find that discouraging. Because, you know, at this point in my life I'm supposed care about my health, but, honestly, what I care about is the look!
So, I say, "if I can't be a cheesecake hottie, I might as well eat cheesecake".